Basic health care insurance is mandatory for anyone who is living and/or working in The Netherlands and is over 18. Children under the age of 18 are insured via the insurance policy of their caretakers. No premium is charged.
Download the health care insurance application form
The benefits of Anderzorg
- Monthly premium starting as low as € 83
- Compose your own health care insurance package
- High quality care in the Netherlands
- Easy online access
- No questions about your medical history
Calculate your premium or apply for your insurance
Health care insurance in the Netherlands
The basic health care insurance plan
Anderzorg Basis covers the costs of medical essential care, such as:
- Hospital treatment and stay
- General practitioner care
- Maternity care
- Obstetric care
Mandatory and voluntary excess
When you receive medical care, you have to pay part of the costs yourself. For 2019, the Dutch government determined the amount of mandatory excess to be 385 euro. You can choose to add voluntary excess up to 500 euro a year and receive a premium discount of maximum 25 euro a month.
- mandatory excess applies to everyone over 18
- (mandatory) excess is used before reimbursement from your basic insurance
- the excess does not apply to gp-care, maternity care or medical care to children under 18
- the excess does not apply to medical care from supplemental insurance
Supplemental health insurance
Compose your own supplemental that covers physiotherapy, dentistry or global healthcare coverage. Or choose suplemental health care focussed on youngsters (Anderzorg Jong) or supplemental dental insurance (Anderzorg Tand).
How to get the lowest fee
Choose Anderzorg Basis and do not add supplemental insurance options. Then opt for the voluntary 500 euro excess and pay your premium annually.
Be aware: your medical costs can reach a maximum of 885 euro (the mandatory and voluntary excess). Make sure you are able to pay this all at once, if necessary!
|Deductible above the mandatory € 385
If you pay your premium quarterly, semi-annually or annually you will receive an extra discount.